He studied in Ioannina (1816) in the school of Athanasios Psalidas. He later moved to Constantinople and then in Odessos, to escape Turkish pogroms. In 1827, he went to Paris, where he studied Medicine and Philology until 1832. He came back to Greece as a Professor of Natural Sciences in the Central School of Aegina and later Professor of Pathology in the University of Athens (1837-1848). He wrote treatises, contributed to French-Greek lexicons and contributed to the journals 'Ios' , 'Mnemosini' and 'European Compiler'.